- Rutile is a mineral composed mainly of titanium dioxide (TiO2).
- Titanium is a metal that has the highest strength-to-density ratio of any metal so far discovered along with high corrosion resistance. It is very valuable and has a host of uses, from aerospace construction to medical devices and sports equipment (not to mention paint pigments, which make up 65% of worldwide sales). RUTILE PRICES AVERAGED WELL OVER US$ 1,100/T* IN 2019.
The market is growing rapidly and new discoveries are getting rare.
*Source: Iluka Resources Ltd Quartely Review, December 31, 2019
- Iluka is fully funding the exploration program and may earn a 90% interest in the project by spending $1.7 M. Vior can retain a 2% GRR on titanium metals and a 2% NSR on all precious and base metals.
- 65 claims covering 3,564 ha.
- Located 25 km north of Havre-Saint-Pierre, North Shore region of Quebec.
- Grab returned samples grading up to 48.4% TiO2, and channel sampling of 41.6% over 7.7 meters.
- Recently completed a comprehensive HeliFalcon gravity gradiometric Survey.
- Drill targets have been identified and will look to be validated in 2020 prior to a drilling decision.